Human Centric Computing Center (HCCC)
For reinforcement of international competitive power, the center was established to train GIS specialists based on demand estimates for GIS specialists in the short or mid-long term, as well as to develop GIS technologies connected with industries. The following are the center's detailed purposes.
Training specialists by developing GIS core engine technologies
- Development of GIS server and Intelligent GIS core engine technologies
- Training specialists and initiating technology transfer by developing component based GIS S/W core engine in distributed and internet environment
Training specialists by developing GIS application S/W and related technologies
- Development of new technologies such as GPS/DGPS, Real-Time GIS
- Development of application S/W and utilization of GIS application technologies such as ITS, Satellite Image Analysis, etc.
- Training specialists and initiating technology transfer by developing application S/W
Training specialists by standardization and developing information security technologies for distribution of spatial information
- Development of GIS toolkit that supports interoperability among heterogeneous GIS systems
- Development of GIS toolkit that supports national GIS standard data formats
- Basic research for evaluation of GIS information security system
- Development of GIS toolkit through research on security operating system and security database management system modeling
- Training specialists and initiating technology transfer by standardization and developing information security technologies