The "Minor" system allows students to take courses in a field of interest other than their major if they wish to explore that field of interest more depth.
Eligible students should be starting anywhere from their 3rd~7th semesters to apply for a minor. (Students who have completed their 7th semester are not eligible to have a minor)
Students who have met the above requirement and would like to enter a minor program must apply online byLogging on to the Inha Portal - INS (학사행정) - Enrollment Service (학적) - Request for Enrollment Status Change (학적변동신청) - Minorat the beginning of February or August. (Exact date to be announced later)
- The department or college offering the minor will announce selected candidates based on the particular criteria of that department or college.
- The supervising department or college exercises the right to limit the number of students accepted in consideration of the number of students already enrolled, and the condition and capacity of available lecture halls.
When a student registered in a minor has earned more than 21 credits from the courses designated by the relevant department, completion of the minor will be recorded on the students school transcripts and graduation certificate.
Withdrawal from Double Minor Status
- If a student wishes to withdraw from minor status, the student should apply online byLogging on to the Inha Portal - INS (학사행정) - Enrollment Service (학적) - Request for Enrollment Status Change (학적변동신청) - Minorat the beginning of February or August. (Exact date to be announced later)
- If a graduating senior would like to withdraw from the Minor Program, he/she must fill in the application form (at the office of the Academic Operation and Records Team), obtain written permission from the dean of the supervising department, and submit the application form to Academic Operation and Records Team.
Students who fail to earn the required number of credits for the minor by their final semester, will have credits earned attributed towards general studies and their right to a minor within that subject will be cancelled.
Delaying graduation for the Minor
A graduating senior who has completed the requirements for the major but would like to delay graduation in order to attain a minor must file a graduation delay petition to his/her major departments office before the end of the final semester in June or December (Students who do not submit the petition will graduate on schedule.)
- School Regulation : Clause 31
- School Regulation Rules for Operation : Clause 12
- Regulation on Completion of Minor