Examination and Grade Assessments
- Students must meet all the following criteria to graduate from university. Students who have completed full-time enrollment (8 semesters): Part-time enrollment will be excluded. (With the exception of early graduation)
＊ An exception for those who file a leave of absence for the current semester: students on a leave of absence are not allowed to graduate just after taking summer/winter session.
- Minimum number of academic credits required for graduation
|Credits for Graduation||College (Major)|
|130 Credits||Every department except*|
- Those who have earned more than the required number of credits by college and by course.
- Those whose graduation thesis was passed by the board or those who have met criteria for an equivalent performance evaluation.
- Those who have satisfied the criteria set by each college or department.
- Those who have met the criteria for 'Inha Graduation Certification'. (This applies to students who were admitted in 2000 and onwards or to transfer students admitted in 2002 and onwards)
- Students must check the per-course number of credits for graduation with their current department (college)/major.
Early Graduation Criteria
- Students who have met the graduation criteria as stipulated in School Regulations Clause 10, Clause 33, Clause 42, and School Regulations, Rules for Operation Clause 17, and Clause 34.
- Those who have completed full-time enrollment for more than 6 semesters
- Those who have maintained a GPA of above 4.0 up to their graduation semester (For Technology and Management graduate students, minimum GPA required is 3.70.)
- Applicants for early graduation must have earned more than 100 credits by their 5th or 6th semester, including grades earned during summer or winter semesters.Students of the College of Medicine or Architecture of the School of Architecture will not be eligible for early graduation.)
※ Consideration will be given to the maximum credits of last semester and will applied towards Early Graduation.
- Students whose GPA is above 4.00(For Technology and Management graduate students, minimum GPA required is 3.70.)
- Total GPA calculation will be done following the calculation method for enrolled students based on School Regulations, Rules for Operation Clause 26.
- Students who have received an academic warning or been punished are not eligible to apply for early graduation.
- Students who wish to graduate early must fill out an application form for early graduation at the Undergraduate Student Office of the Academic Affairs Department before the beginning of their graduation semester, must have their grades validated, submit the application to their college (department) and obtain the President’s approval via the Dean of College.
Forfeit of Eligibility
- Students whose GPA is below 4.0, including grades received in their final semester, will be denied early graduation. When this occurs, students must complete the remaining semesters as a full-time student.
Each department (major) will screen the graduation criteria of the students who have completed 8 semesters as a full-time student (except for early graduation candidates). Then they shall submit the results to each college. Colleges shall conduct a second screening and send the list of graduation candidates to the Academic Operations and Records Team. The Division of Academic Affairs shall assign a degree number to each graduation candidate and report it to the Ministry of Education and Human Resources Development.
School Register of Deferred-Graduation Students
- Those who have not earned the credits required for graduation must earn the remaining credits as a full-time or part-time student.
- In the case that a student has not met the criteria of graduation thesis or equivalent but has completed full-time enrollment for 8 semesters and has earned the required GPA:
＊The student will not be charged tuition while working towards completing the graduation criteria, but, also, will not have enrolled student status. status.
- If the student wishes to maintain their status on the school register, he/she must check with the Academic Operations and Records Team and be enrolled as a non-degree student or part-time student.
- When a student, having completed the course work of a degree program, has also met additional graduation criteria, such as graduation thesis, he/she must submit documentary evidence to the student’s supervising department (college) a month before the graduation date. A degree will only be conferred after passing the graduation screening. The graduation date on the degree conferred will be that of the semester in which the student has submitted documentary evidence of having met all graduation criteria.
Section of Deferred-Graduation Students
|Completion||No need to register||-||Certificate of Completion, Prospective Graduation Certificate||
|Non Credit Enrollment||Amount calculated as 1/18 of tuition fees for the semester||During the regular enrollment period (Announced each semester)||Proof of Enrollment, Prospective Graduation Certificate||
|Part-time Registration||Amount calculated as 1/18 of tuition fees for the semester X number of credits of courses registered (Less than 15 credits)||During the additional enrollment period – In mid March, September (Announced each semester)||Proof of Enrollment, Prospective Graduation Certificate||
- School Regulation: Clause 9, Clause 10, Clause 33, Clause 38, Clause 42
- School Regulation Rule for Operation: Clause 17, Clause 34
- Regulation on Guidance to Graduation Thesis and Screening Regulations
- Internal Regulation on Early Graduation